A virtual class notebook

Welcome to the Class Notes Blog. I created this Blog to share work from me or my students about things we are learning. At the time, I wanted to start the Blog ( January 2016) to provide 22 students studying microscopy an opportunity to explore the subject of Blogging and share their new knowledge and skills. I asked each student to publish three entries to this Blog by mid March when my role in the class was finished. Their first post was due February 5, 2016. The post featured a science image or maker that they found particularly interesting. I asked them to gain permission from the images’ creator before they could use it on the site.  I hope you enjoy reading this experiment sharing my classroom activities.
Michael Peres 

foradil_DSC0915A
This photomicrograph features Merck® Foradil asthma medicine. It was photographed using a polarized light microscope. The solid pill of the medicine was dissolved in water and then plated onto microscopy slides to allow the formation of crystals. The colors shared above demonstrate the presence of birefringent properties of the chemicals contained in the medicine. Photograph: Professor Michael Peres.

1 thought on “A virtual class notebook”