Practice Makes Perfect

One of the primary educational objectives for the Photographic Sciences Capstone class is to improve a students critical thinking, research skills, problem solving and writing skills. To achieve those outcomes, I decided to develop a few exercises targeted to start dialogues with the industry that my students are trying to enter. On only the second day of the course, I had them submit a 2oo word or less biography. We had some spirited conversations about writing and how to create the proper treatment of their message within this biography. I had the class break up into groups and they read each others submissions and offer reactions to the writing. Next we talked about the type of words and phrases that industry expects. I suggested including words like passionate, leader, project management, works well without supervision, seeks challenges, works well with new technology and operates at a high level of integrity can be very meaningful sharing who this person is. Next week,  I will receive the second draft of this short writing assignment  and I will publish them

Shared in this post is draft one and version two as submitted from Anka Parzych.  You can email Anka by clicking this link

Anka

First Submission
I currently study at Rochester Institute of Technology where I am working on my Bachelor of Science degree in Biomedical Photographic Communications. Along with a strong photography background, social media, advertising, writing and design sum up my main communication and study tracks. I understand the camera, sense and empathize with my subjects to find ways to make my photographs unique and compelling. I like to be outdoors and also like to be where my subjects are to experience what their environment is like. My primary goal upon graduation is to build a career in field photography and/or videography productions.

Second Submission
I grew up  in a small town outside of Albany, New York called Niskayuna. I am finishing my studies at Rochester Institute of Technology where I am working towards completion of my Bachelor of Science degree in Biomedical Photographic Communications. My immersion is psychology. I am also a member of the RIT women’s soccer team. In addition to strong skills in photography, I can understand cameras, can empathize with my subjects needed for photographs to be unique and compelling. I like to be outdoors and also like to be where my subjects are to experience what their environment is like. I believe if you can empathize with a person and get to know them, your results will be much stronger. I had the opportunity to broaden my skills and worked as an intern in the summer of 2016 at Spectrum Productions  in Tampa, FL. It helped open my eyes to new ways of communicating; my love through the camera through video, also working as a production assistant and learning what they do. I learned a lot about teamwork and also became more confident in my abilities to thrive in new opportunities that I encountered. My primary goal upon graduation is to build a career in Field Photography and/or videography productions.